About the classes
Our Baby Bumpkin programme uses the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum as its basis.
The classes are 3-in-1 - combining storytelling, music, and simple baby yoga movements with the fun Baby Bumpkin demonstration doll, and give all the babies from 6 weeks to toddling a great physical foundation to development. Class sizes are kept small so that each child can have individual attention if required.
There is also emphasis on the parent, with time for discussion amongst the group, some simple yoga stretches (don't worry - no previous yoga experience necessary!), and lots of creative parenting techniques. The unique story structure will give you ideas on how to communicate and play with your baby at home.
All our Baby Bumpkin teachers are fully qualified and CACHE accredited, in addition to having training in Tatty Bumpkin techniques so can help with your baby as it progresses and grows.
The classes are held in pre-schools, nurseries, children's centres, private classes, and sometimes in people’s homes (please enquire for details). Baby Bumpkin is a very relaxed, informal way to have fun with your baby, whilst at the same time really helping with their physical and emotional development.
The classes can help aid digestion and other physical issues.
Meadows CC Maidstone. Feedback from Baby Bumpkin sessions, feb 2012
- 100% of parents felt their baby enjoyed the Baby Bumpkin classes.
- 100% of parents found the instructions given in the Baby Bumpkin class clear and easy to follow.
- 89% of parents said the Baby Bumpkin classes have given them activity ideas for playing with their baby.
- 88% of parents said they had used the relaxation techniques taught in the class with my baby at home.
- 78% of parents felt The Baby Bumpkin classes had increased their confidence to play with their baby on the floor at home.
- 62% of parents said they felt more confident to ‘talk and communicate’ with their baby since attending the Baby Bumpkin classes.
- 55% of parents felt they were more aware of their baby’s physical skills since attending the Baby Bumpkin classes.
- 55% of parents felt they had more confidence on how to lift and hold their baby to:
- protect their own back.
- encourage their babies’ development.
- 30% of parents felt there was an improvement in their baby’s sleeping patterns since attending the Baby Bumpkin classes.